HEADLINE NEWS


Barcelona and Spain midfielder Xavi Hernández has moved quickly to deny that there is any friction between he and the new national 'number 10', Francesc Fàbregas...

Rumours circulating in the Spanish press indicated that Xavi and Cesc had difficulties playing together, and even that they were involved in off-pitch tensions.

Xavi, though, denied these allegations.

"I'm surprised that people have said that I'm not comfortable with Cesc and that we don't get along well," he said.

"His game is similar to mine, but I have no problem with him. I don't want anyone to say anything like that, less so about a guy of Cesc's stature.

"Do I need to talk with him? I'm very comfortable with him so I'm very surprised by these views. I have no problems with any player.

"Were similar. We like to use the ball and move rapidly. These are very parallel situations."

Based on this, there might have been a problem with the two playing together, but Xavi stressed the Furia Roja's versatility.

"The creative players need support behind and in front, and two systems can give us variety," he said.

However, he did admit that the onus would be on the midfield to find their feet quickly, given that there'd most likely be a lone forward ahead of them.

"The second line must provide more," he said.

"With two forwards, we'd have less mobility to move up."

As for Spain's chances, he said, "We've played against France and Italy, who are more physical than us, and won. Let's see if we can succeed in a real match."

Steve Michaels, Goal.com


0 komentar

Followers

Video Post

Ads