HEADLINE NEWS

Sigombak-Argentinian soccer legend Diego Maradona said on Tuesday he would be prepared to cut off the hand that scored one of his most famous goals for a sight of film star Julia Roberts.

Maradona, in Cannes to promote a new documentary about his life by Serbian film director Emir Kusturica, appeared bewitched by the star of "Pretty Woman".

"I would do anything to see her coming along here, along the Croisette," he said, through a translator.

"I`d like to be able to walk along behind her and I`d be able to cut off my hand for that, even the hand with which I scored against England."

"I`d be able to cut off my hand if I could see Julia Roberts," he said.

Maradona, acclaimed as one of the best players the game has ever seen, beat England goalkeeper Peter Shilton by knocking in the ball with his hand during the quarter final of the 1986 World Cup that Argentina eventually won.

After the match, Maradona famously refused to admit that he had scored with his hand, saying that the goal was scored with "the Hand of God.". (Reuters)

0 komentar

Followers

Video Post

Ads