HEADLINE NEWS


Newly appointed Internazionale boss Jose Mourinho has reportedly made Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard his top priority in the transfer market.

The Special One is almost certain to raid his old hunting ground at Stamford Bridge this summer as he seeks to stamp his mark on the Inter squad, and club president Massimo Moratti is expected to back his new manager to the hilt.

The charismatic Portuguese is expected to have around ₤100 million to work with between now and the end of August, but Moratti has claimed he does not expect wholesale changes.

“I have read lots of names but I have yet to speak with him [Mourinho] about the transfer market,” he said. “I would like to change very little of this squad which has won so much.”

Mega Buys

Such a statement suggests the Nerazzurri are in the market for a few choice mega-buys, a modus operandi Mourinho is more than familiar with following his tenure under Chelsea boss Roman Abramovich.

One of those Blues buys was Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien, for whom the former Porto boss was recently reported to be lining up a ₤24 million bid.

The former Lyon star has established himself among the best box-to-box players in the world in recent seasons, and hence Chelsea will be loath to let one of their most consistent and dangerous performers leave.

Shift


With that move looking increasingly unfeasible, Mourinho has shifted his attention slightly further up the pitch to Lampard, with whom he has been constantly linked since departing west London in September.

The England international is yet to agree a new contract with the Blues, who have so far failed to meet his wage demands of over ₤130,000-per-week.

The 29-year-old has one year remaining on his current deal at Stamford Bridge, and with increased competition next season from resurgent German star Michael Ballack and upcoming Nigerian John Obi Mikel, a move to San Siro could prove too tempting for Lampard to refuse.

The former West Ham man could be just one among several Mourinho loyalists set to make the switch, with striker Didier Drogba and defender Ricardo Carvalho also reported to be seeking a Chelsea exit.

Mike Maguire

Mourinho Pledges Greatness


Jose Mourinho has given his first press conference as the new boss of Inter, and he has announced himself on the Italian scene by describing himself as a "great coach."

Mourinho was announced as the new coach of Inter yesterday afternoon, replacing three-time Scudetto winner Roberto Mancini, who was shown the exit door last week.

The Portuguese tactician announced himself as the new manager of Chelsea four years ago by describing himself as the 'Special One', and he appeared to have lost none of his supreme self confidence during his first press conference today as the new boss of Inter.

“I have arrived at a special club. I think I am a great Coach but I don’t want to be special," he stated.

“I am always myself and I don’t change. I am the same person as I ever was and I have that same mission and passion for my work.

“I have always thought that I would like to work in Italy and for a big club and I want to thank Massimo Moratti and Marco Branca for giving me this opportunity.

“This is a very important challenge for me, but I think that it will also be very enjoyable for you.”

The 45-year-old Mourinho has a stunning managerial record despite his young age, having won two Portuguese championships, a Portuguese Cup, a UEFA Cup and Champions League with Porto, as well as two Premier Leagues, an FA Cup and two league cups among his honours at Chelsea.

Luca Capofranco

0 komentar

Followers

Video Post

Ads